Have you lost one or more teeth in 2018? We understand how tooth loss can impact your smile, from your appearance to your overall oral health. Fortunately, we can help you replace your lost tooth or teeth with implant dentistry. Are you ready to address tooth loss in 2018?
Try Our Quiz on Addressing Tooth Loss in 2018
- True or False: Losing even a single tooth can impact overall oral health.
- True or False: Dental implants can act as new tooth roots.
- True or False: They can last for a lifetime.
- True or False: Your new tooth will blend with your smile.
- True. When you lose a tooth, a gap appears in your smile. The surrounding teeth can then drift, leading to misalignment. An uneven smile brings a greater risk of jaw joint disorders, such as TMJ disorder and bruxism. People with misalignment can also have a harder time thoroughly brushing and flossing, leading to a higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease. As the rate of tooth loss increases, people can also develop an older appearance and have trouble eating and peaking without difficulty.
- True. The implants are actually inserted directly into the jawbone, acting as new tooth roots. They bond with the jawbone, offering security and stability. The process of bonding with the jawbone is known as osseointegration.
- True. Since they act as new teeth, they have the potential to last for decades, possibly even a lifetime. You just need to care of them as you would a natural tooth, which means brushing and flossing daily, as well as routine checkups and cleanings every six months.
- True. We will top the implant with a custom-made restoration, which blends with the rest of the smile. For advanced tooth loss, multiple dental implants can support a bridge, partial or full denture.
Do Need to Make an Appointment?
Our team is ready to help you and your entire family enjoy improved oral health and more beautiful smiles. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).