Do you suffer from unsightly teeth stains? Due to a variety of factors, our teeth may become discolored over time. Fortunately, at Viva Dental Family Dentistry, we offer an array of cosmetic whitening solutions. In today’s blog, your Dallas dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, uses a fun quiz to illustrate the benefits of our teeth whitening procedures.
Teeth Whitening Quiz
1. True or False: There are two types of teeth stains.
2. True or False: Dr. Truong offers in-office whitening.
3. True or False: You can brighten your smile from home with our at-home procedures.
4. True or False: Your Dallas TX cosmetic dentist offers cosmetic procedures that address intrinsic stains.
1. True. Extrinsic stains occur on the surface of our teeth, typically caused by products we consume, such as soda, coffee, smoking, red wine, and tea. These can be removed with teeth whitening procedures. Intrinsic discoloration occurs when the inner tooth structure becomes stained. Trauma or the use of certain antibiotics, such as tetracycline, may lead to permanent intrinsic stains. These often require more than teeth whitening to remove.
2. True. Using a powerful bleaching gel and a special light, Dr. Truong can remove discoloration in as little time as one hour.
3. True. This system involves a custom-made whitening tray and bleaching solution. Simply wear the gel-filled tray daily for the amount of time recommended by Dr. Truong. In about two weeks you can notice dramatic results.
4. True. In order to mask the appearance of intrinsic stains, Dr. Truong may recommend porcelain veneers. Thin shells of custom-made porcelain will be applied to the front of your teeth, covering your stains and rejuvenating your smile.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Dallas TX Cosmetic Dentist
Interested in brightening your smile with our professional teeth whitening procedures? Then talk to your Dallas TX cosmetic dentist today. Contact Dr. Truong, today by calling our Richardson office at 972-437-6000. Patients can also make an appointment with our West Dallas dentist office, near Cockrell Hill, Irving, and Grand Prairie at (214) 337-7800. At Viva Dental Family Dentistry, we offer our patients the latest in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry. We are proud to serve patients in the 75211 and 75080 zip codes, and surrounding neighborhoods.