People often underestimate the importance of a dental cleaning. This routine procedure helps safeguard your smile against serious dental issues, such as tooth decay and gum disease. At Viva Dental Family Dentistry, we offer comfortable and thorough cleanings using the latest dental technology. In today’s blog, your Richardson dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, uses a fun quiz to illustrate the advantages of receiving regular dental cleanings.
Dental Cleaning Quiz
1. True or False: You should undergo a cleaning twice a year.
2. True or False: A dental cleaning can brighten your smile.
3. True or False: With a cleaning, you can help prevent the onset of gum disease.
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends that people have their teeth cleaned once every six months. For patients who have recently undergone heart surgery or suffer from infective endocarditis, you may require premedication before receiving a dental cleaning.
2. True. During a cleaning, either your Richardson TX general dentist or one of our talented dental hygienists will remove the layers of tartar and plaque buildup with an ultrasonic scaler. Your teeth will then be polished. This process not only makes adhering to the surface of your teeth difficult for bacteria and stray food particles, but polishing removes minor stains, brightening your smile.
3. True. Plaque irritates the gums, often leading to gingivitis. Without treatment, the inflammation related to gingivitis may cause gum disease, threatening the stability of your smile. A routine cleaning helps remove the plaque and bacteria, protecting your smile from the painful symptoms of periodontal disease.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Richardson TX General Dentist Today
Do you need to schedule a routine dental cleaning? Then talk to your Richardson TX general dentist today. A dental cleaning will help protect the health and beauty of your smile. To schedule an appointment, contact us at (214) 337-7800. Also, visit our website for services, reviews, to learn more about our dental team. We happily serve new and existing patients in North Oak Cliff, Kessler Park, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Richardson, Carrolton, Garland, Addison, Farmers Branch, and nearby suburbs.