Everyone experiences a toothache at some point in his or her life. However, this doesn’t mean you should ignore an aching tooth. Instead, if you notice your toothache persists after 24 hours, you should contact your dentist. Identifying the cause of your toothache may be the first step on the road toward a healthier smile.
Richardson TX Toothache Quiz
1. True or False: Multiple factors can cause a toothache.
2. True or False: A toothache may be a sign of a serious dental issue.
4. True or False: A crown may be needed to restore an aching tooth.
1. True. An injury or even a sinus infection can lead to a throbbing pain in our teeth. The most common cause, however, is tooth decay. When our enamel becomes weak, often due to poor oral hygiene, bacteria can reach the sensitive inner tooth structure and cause a cavity to form. A toothache is a common symptom of a cavity.
2. True. Tooth decay and gum disease, both issues that threaten the health and stability of your smile, often result in an aching tooth.
3. True. Your Richardson TX family dentist offers composite fillings. Instead of using metal fillings to address tooth decay and aching teeth, a natural looking composite resin is used. The same material can be used to repair chipped teeth as well.
4. True. For advanced decay, your Richardson TX family dentist may prescribe a dental crown. A crown is a cap that fits over the visible portion of a tooth. Our crowns are made using esthetically pleasing and strong porcelain material. The crown preserves the remaining tooth structure and prevents further decay and infections, helping you avoid uncomfortable toothaches.
About Dr. Truong: Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).