According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, over 42,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer every year. In addition, each year over 13,500 people die as a direct result of oral cancer. Richardson TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, offers oral cancer screenings with every checkup as part of our approach to preventive dentistry.
Richardson TX Oral Cancer Screening Quiz
1. True or False: You should have an oral cancer screening once every six months.
2. True or False: Men are twice as susceptible to oral cancer as women.
3. True or False: Tobacco use increases the risk of oral cancer.
4. True or False: Early diagnosis is crucial for treating oral cancer.
1. True. As an adult, it’s vital that you undergo a screening twice a year. During your checkup, your Richardson TX dentist will use advanced screening technology to look for an indicators of oral cancer.
2. True. The American Cancer Society confirms that men suffer an increased risk of developing oral cancer. In addition, men over the age of 50 are at the greatest risk.
3. True. The use of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco elevates the chances of developing oral cancer. In addition to tobacco usage, family history, excessive alcohol consumption, and too much exposure to the sun, can all lead to the onset of oral cancer.
4. True. Over 50% of those with oral cancer pass away within five years. This is mainly because oral cancer is rarely discovered until the later stages. However, a regular checkup and oral cancer screening increase the opportunities for Dr. Truong to uncover oral cancer in the earliest stages. If you have any questions about our oral cancer screenings, contact Dr. Truong today. You can schedule a checkup and oral cancer screening at your earliest convenience.
About Dr. Truong: Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).