What’s the best route to a beautiful smile? Many people may assume teeth whitening or a similar cosmetic procedure is the answer. However, did you know a simple dental cleaning actually keeps your smile healthy and bright? At Viva Dental, we understand that general dentistry helps a person maintain a gorgeous smile free of dental disease.
Richardson TX General Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Both children and adults benefit from a checkup.
2. True or False: A dental cleaning helps you avoid gum disease.
3. True or False: Your Richardson dentist offers treatment for bruxism.
4. True or False: Lifelike dental fillings can repair damaged or decayed teeth.
1. True. According to the American Dental Association, adults and children over the age of three should receive a dental checkup once every six months. A checkup allows your Richardson dentist to examine your smile and discover the earliest signs of dental health issues.
2. True. During a dental cleaning, Dr. Truong will remove the plaque from your teeth, which reduces the risk of gum disease. A dental cleaning also freshens your breath and brightens the appearance of your smile.
3. True. Many people grind their teeth, especially at night, which can result in damaged teeth. Your Richardson dentist can identify the cause and severity of your bruxism and recommend treatment. In most cases, treatment will consist of a custom-made oral appliance, similar in appearance to a night guard.
4. True. At one point, a metal filling was your only option for restoring teeth afflicted with decay. Now, Dr. Truong can place a metal-free composite filling, one that blends seamlessly with your surrounding tooth structure. If you’re interested in learning more about our composite fillings or any of our general dentistry procedures, contact Dr. Truong today.
About Dr. Truong: Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).