Just like you, children need to visit the dentist. Seeing the dentist can help alleviate childhood fears and instills good dental habits. At Viva Dental, we offer the latest in pediatric dentistry to help little smiles stay healthy and bright. For more information in the benefits of pediatric dentistry, why not try today’s fun and informative quiz?
Dallas TX Pediatric Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Children require checkups just like adults.
2. True or False: Kids with a high cavity risk may benefit from fluoride treatments.
3. True or False: Dental sealants help safeguard smiles against tooth decay.
4. True or False: Dr. Truong offers amenities to help children feel relaxed and comfortable.
1. True. Once your child hits the age of three, he or she should see Dr. Truong at least once every six months. During a routine six month checkup, she will exam the child’s teeth and gums for signs of tooth decay or gingivitis. This allows Dr. Truong to offer treatment before the problems escalate.
2. True. Fluoride is naturally occurring and helps remineralize your child’s teeth, strengthening their natural defenses against cavities. If your child’s teeth appear particularly susceptible to tooth decay, she may recommend the application of a fluoride, which can be done in minutes.
3. True. When your child brushes, he or she may have difficulty reaching the teeth in the rear of the mouth. As a result, the back molars are at risk of developing cavities. With dental sealants, a plastic material will be applied to the back teeth. The sealants prevent food and bacteria from adhering to the tooth or becoming stuck between teeth.
4. True. Dr. Truong provides video games and reading material in our waiting rooms, along with TVs and headphones in the exam room. She also offers sedation dentistry to help anxious children remain relaxed.
About Dr. Truong: Dallas TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).