So, when was the last time you had a dental checkup? According to a recent study from the UK, the average time between dental checkups is just shy of four years. On average, the study shows, people see the dentist once every three years and eight months. As we will discuss, people should be stopping by the dentist for a checkup much more frequently.
Dallas TX Dental Checkup Quiz
1. True or False: You should have a checkup twice each year.
2. True or False: Checkups allow dentists to watch for dental issues.
3. True or False: During a checkup, you may also receive an oral cancer screening.
4. True or False: Children need checkups too.
Dallas TX Dental Checkup Quiz Answer Key
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends undergoing a dental checkup once every six months. Patients with serious dental health issues may require more frequent checkups.
2. True. During a checkup, Dr. Truong will carefully exam your teeth and gums for any indicators of developing dental health problems, including periodontal disease and tooth decay. Without a checkup, these dental health problems will continue to progress, threatening the stability and appearance of your smile.
3. True. Each year, over 43,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer in the United States alone. Within five years, 50% of those diagnosed will have succumbed to the disease. This is because the issue is rarely discovered until the later stages. However, routine checkups allow Dr. Truong to perform a screening for oral cancer to increase the changes of uncovering it in the beginning stages.
4. True. Just like adults, children benefit from regular dental checkups. All children over the age of three should receive two checkups a year. If you have any questions about our pediatric dental care, contact Dr. Truong today.
About Dr. Truong: Dallas TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).