October is National Dental Hygiene Month, where Dr. Diep Truong and other dentists across the country recognize the importance of good hygiene. By maintaining good dental hygiene, you can help promote health smiles and reduce your risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease. With today’s quiz, Dr. Truong offers important tips on keeping your smile clean.
National Dental Hygiene Month Quiz
1. True or False: You should brush your teeth twice a day.
2. True or False: Flossing is more important than brushing.
3. True or False: You need a dental cleaning once every six months.
4. True or False: Chewing sugar-free gum is a smile-healthy snack alternative.
1. True. Using a soft bristle brush, you should hold the brush at a 45-degree angle. Both children and adults should brush in the morning and again before bed.
2. True. Brushing alone can’t always remove the food particles and bacteria lodged between your teeth. This allows bacteria to break down these particles, increasing the risk of plaque buildup, gingivitis, and tooth decay. By flossing each side of the tooth, you can ensure a cleaner, healthier smile.
3. True. We recommend both adults and children over the age of three receive regular dental cleanings. A cleaning removes plaque buildup that brushing and flossing alone simply can’t erase. In addition to a brighter smile, you can help your smile stay free of dental disease. To schedule a cleaning, contact our office today.
4. True. Instead of chewing regular gum, or eating candy and chips, why not try sugar-free gum? This avoids coating your teeth in sugar and chewing gum can make you less likely to snack as frequently on unhealthy alternatives. The foods and drinks we consume have a major impact on the health of our smiles.
About Your Dallas, TX Dentist:
Dallas TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).