Teeth stains can cause embarrassment and make some people less eager to smile. To combat discoloration, you may benefit from professional teeth whitening. At Viva Dental Professional Dentistry, we provide a number of cosmetic solutions for helping our patients achieve a brighter smile.
Professional Teeth Whitening Quiz
1. True or False: Discoloration can be caused by the foods and drinks we consume.
2. True or False: Teeth stains can form below the surface of our teeth.
3. True or False: Dr. Truong can remove discoloration in one visit.
4. True or False: You can receive professional-grade whitening from home.
1. True. Foods and drinks high in sugars and other starches are broken down by bacteria, in the process increasing oral acidity and coating the teeth in plaque buildup. This layer of plaque boosts the appearance of teeth stains.
2. True. The teeth stains that form on the surface are known as extrinsic. There are also intrinsic teeth stains, which occur below the enamel as a result of trauma, fluorosis, or the use of certain medications (such as tetracycline). This discoloration sometimes requires more than traditional whitening, such as porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
3. True. Our in-office procedure involves coating the teeth in a bleaching gel and activating this gel with a special light. In about 45 minutes, you can enjoy a brighter smile.
4. True. To address both intrinsic and extrinsic stains, you may prefer our home-based solution. Dr. Truong will provide you with custom-made whitening trays and a powerful bleaching gel. You will wear the gel-filled trays daily for a set amount of time. In around one to two weeks, your smile can be multiple shades brighter. If you have any questions about our teeth whitening procedures, please contact our office today.
About Your Dallas, TX Dentist:
Dallas TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. Our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).