Do you feel scared about visiting the dentist? If you have dental anxiety then you’re not alone. At Viva Dental Family Dentistry, our team understands that your anxiety is real and we offer sedation dentistry to help you relax when you visit the office. How does sedation dentistry work?
Dallas, TX Sedation Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: We recommend this option for anxious patients.
2. True or False: We may suggest nitrous oxide.
3. True or False: Our office provides oral sedation.
4. True or False: We will look at your medical history before recommending a calming solution.
1. True. If you have anxiety you may avoid dental care, even routine procedures. The result is a greater risk of tooth decay and gum disease. However, with a calming procedure we can help you relax, so you can receive treatment without fear or discomfort. We may also suggest this for patients with an overactive gag reflex.
2. True. Also known as laughing gas, this option involves administering a gas through the nose to help the patient enter a calm state. You will remain conscious but have little to no memory of the procedure. The effects wear off quickly, so you will be able to return to work or school after the procedure.
3. True. This involves taking a pill prior to the procedure. The patient then enters a deeper state of relaxation. The effects will take time to wear off, so the patient will need to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery for the rest of the day. Patients need to arrange for a ride home from a friend or family member.
4. True. We will take into account a number of factors before recommending either nitrous oxide or oral sedation.
ABOUT YOUR DALLAS, TX DENTIST:
Dallas TX dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, DDS offers a comfortable dental care employing the latest in cutting-edge dental technology. We strive to make sure our patients in Dallas and Richardson have access to innovative preventive, cosmetic, and restorative procedures. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).