Dental veneers are placed onto the front of your smile to transform your smile? If you have multiple cosmetic concerns, including stained teeth or possible gaps between your teeth, then you need treatment. Instead of undergoing multiple procedures, we can use just one to completely change your smile’s appearance.
Try Our Dental Veneers Quiz
- True or False: Veneers are made from lifelike porcelain.
- True or False: Placement takes one to two visits.
- True or False: They address several common cosmetic concerns.
- True or False: They are easy to care for.
- True. Porcelain is a very strong and translucent material and one that reflects light in a similar manner as natural tooth enamel. The material is also stain-resistant. We use them for our veneers, as well as our crowns, to ensure a durable and lifelike restoration.
- True. First, we must prepare the tooth. This involves removing a thin layer of enamel and taking detailed impressions of the tooth. A dental lab uses the impressions to design and fabricate the new restoration. Once completed, you return so the doctor can check the fit and make any necessary adjustments. Finally, the restoration is placed onto the front of the tooth.
- True. We can use them to mask permanent stains that might not respond to traditional teeth whitening methods. They can also be used to reshape a misshapen or worn down tooth. The restorations can also be employed to close gaps between teeth and even correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. You simply care for them as your would your natural teeth, brushing and flossing regularly and having your teeth cleaned once every six months. If you have any questions about porcelain veneers then contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR RICHARDSON, TX, DENTIST:
Viva Dental in Dallas, TX, welcomes patients from North Oak Cliff, Bishop Arts District, Kessler Park, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, and nearby cities. Viva Dental in Richardson, TX, happily welcomes patients from North Dallas, Plano, Garland, and the surrounding communities. To learn more, contact the Viva Dental office nearest you. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).