We have a number of procedures available to help your smile, including cosmetic and restorative dentistry. However, we often use general dental procedures to help patients maintain healthy smiles. We can help patients of all ages, from children to adults!
A Look at Our General Dental Procedures
- Checkup and Cleaning: Every six months, we urge patients to see us for a routine checkup and cleaning. The checkup portion allows us to assess the health of your smile and identify any potential problems. The cleaning involves removing plaque from the teeth, leading to brighter, cleaner, and healthier teeth.
- Fillings and Crowns: When decay forms or a tooth becomes damage, we may recommend a restoration. A filling can be placed in one visit using a lifelike composite resin material, fixing the tooth. A crown fits over the tooth and is made using natural looking ceramic, addressing advanced decay, infection, or cracked/chipped teeth.
- Dental Sealant and Fluoride: For children, we have preventive procedures to help protect their young smiles from tooth decay. A dental sealant coats the hard-to-reach back teeth to keep food from becoming stuck between them. A fluoride treatment is a varnish applied to the teeth to strengthen enamel against enamel erosion.
- Root Canals and Extractions: Should an infected occur, we can perform a root canal procedure to save the tooth and out an end to the serious discomfort that develops as a result of infection or abscess. Should a tooth be severely damaged, or if you have a wisdom tooth soon to erupt, we can remove it carefully and comfortably using a dental extraction.
- Orthodontics: Using a series of clear plastic aligners, we can correct misalignment. Invisalign is a unique approach to orthodontics, one that improves alignment while remaining practically invisible throughout treatment.
Do You to Schedule a General Dental Visit?
We can perform a checkup and cleaning to help keep your smile healthy! Our Dallas, TX office welcomes patients from North Oak Cliff, Bishop Arts District, Kessler Park, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, and nearby cities. Our Richardson, TX office welcomes patients from North Dallas, Plano, Garland, and the surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment, call Viva Dental Family Dentistry at (214) 337-7800 (Dallas) or (972) 437-6000 (Richardson).