Few things help fill a person with confidence like a beautiful smile. In fact, a recent Kelton Research study shows that people with healthy smiles are considered both more attractive and successful. Many of the people polled for the study also said the smile is one of the first things they notice when meeting someone new. A healthy and gorgeous smile requires regular dental care. In today’s blog, your Richardson dentist, Dr. Diep Truong, discusses the importance of regular checkups.
Richardson TX Checkup Quiz
1. True or False: You should receive a checkup twice a year.
2. True or False: Checkups are necessary for children as well as we adults.
3. True or False: During a checkup, Dr. Truong offers oral cancer screenings.
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends that people undergo a checkup once every six months. Regular visits allow Dr. Truong to watch for signs of developing dental issues, providing treatment before these issues require more invasive and costly procedures.
2. True. Children over the age of three should also receive checkups twice a year. In addition to boosting smile health, checkups allow children to become accustomed to the dentist’s office, easing anxiety and instilling good dental habits.
3. True. For adults, your Richardson TX general dentist will use the latest in screening technology to look for the warning signs of oral cancer. Early detection improves the chances of a full recovery. Don’t forget to always undergo a screening during your twice-yearly checkups.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Richardson TX General Dentist
Do you need to schedule a checkup? To learn more about the importance of a routine checkup, talk to your Richardson TX general dentist today. With regular dental care, Dr. Diep Truong can help you maintain a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Truong by calling our Richardson general dentist’s office at (972) 437-6000. With a second office in Dallas, we proudly serve new and existing patients from Kessler Park, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Richardson, Carrolton, Garland, Addison, Farmers Branch, and all surrounding communities